We love a deconstructed sushi roll moment, and discovered our Enoki Mushroom Snow Crab was the perfect ingredient to tie everything in this delectable bowl together.
- 1 1/2 cups sushi-style rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (we love Earth Island)
- 1 tbsp sriracha (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 tins of
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 nori sheets, broken or chopped into small pieces
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, for serving
- Nori, for serving
Rinse your sushi rice in a mesh sifter and then add it to your rice cooker with 2 cups of water, before starting the rice cooker and shutting the lid. Wait for your rice to complete cooking.
While your rice is cooking, heat ¼ cup of rice vinegar with 2 tbsp of sugar over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Transfer cooked rice to a rimmed baking sheet and pour your vinegar mixture over the rice. Mix the vinegar into the rice gently using a rice paddle. Once mixed, set aside and allow to cool.
- While your rice is cooling, make your spicy vegan mayo, combining your vegan mayonnaise and sriracha. We recommend halving the recommended quantity of sriracha if you’re sensitive to spice. Set aside.
- Open and drain your two tins of Enoki Mushroom Snow Crab and set aside.
- Once your rice has cooled, distribute amongst 4 bowls. Then add your Enoki Mushroom Snow Crab (½ tin per bowl), cucumber (divided in 4), and sliced avocado (¼ of avocado per bowl).
- Drizzle the spicy mayonnaise on top, and then top with chopped nori, sesame seeds and soy sauce.
Note: This is a veganized take on a recipe inspired by Simply Home Cooked.