Snack, Lunch, Appetizers
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (we love Earth Island)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (or maybe more – be generous!)
- ½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup of chopped red pepper (optional)
- 2 tins of Seed to Surf’s Enoki Mushroom Snow Crab, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, chopped
- ¼ tablespoon capers, chopped
Mix Panko breadcrumbs, vegan mayonnaise, chives, dijon mustard, chopped red peppers (optional), juice and zest of lemon, and Seed to Surf’s Enoki Mushroom Snow Crab in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes, or cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Set aside lemon wedges for serving.
- While the crab cakes are sitting, make the tartar sauce. Combine dill, mayonnaise, dill pickles and capers in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Divide crab cake mixture evenly between four portions. Lightly press each portion to form a patty so they do not fall apart while cooking.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted vegan butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until evenly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove crab cakes from the pan and transfer to a plate to let cool.
- Serve the crab cakes with the tartar sauce and lemon wedges.